It is a method that ensures tooth production administered with computer technology in terms of aesthetics and ease of treatment application for dentists and patients who will receive dental treatment. Digital dentistry is used in the production of laminate veneers, fillings, and porcelain teeth coverings with computer support in aesthetic dentistry practices. It can be administered in degradations of patients’ tooth form - color, in gap teeth, corroded teeth, crooked teeth (without requiring orthodontics), and short or disproportionate teeth.
Digital dentistry technology is transferred digitally through a program by obtaining images of the teeth with cameras connect to the computer. Porcelain restorations are designed in accordance with the interior of the patient’s mouth by the dentist. Porcelain blocks are prepared within a few minutes with the help of a lathe device. The tooth restorations are quickly prepared in harmony with near-natural excellence and are stuck to the teeth after the polishing processes, and the application of aesthetic dentistry for digital dentistry is thus completed.
The biggest advantage of digital dentistry is the correct data and the correct application of aesthetic restoration special to each person. Thanks to this technology, the ideal smile can be designed in one day.
What is the digital dentistry treatment process like?
By taking optical measurements of the cavity inside the mouth or the prepared tooth with a Cad-Cam device, blocks are gained, sintered, and a smile-design processes is initiated.
- Computer photographs are designed in accordance with the tooth in the current structure of the teeth for the patient by determining 3D margins and contours. Tooth restoration suggestions are made thanks to the Program Biogeneric system. The dentist can perform studies in accordance with these recommendations based on the suitability of the case.
- The blocks in a suitable tooth size and color are selected after completing the design. The selected blocks constitute the tooth form by performing a router procedure with a micro-lathe device. These blocks can form from fortified glass ceramics, highly resistant porcelain ceramics, and nano ceramics.
- The prosthetic tooth is completed in a high-heat oven after coloring, glazing, and polishing the material prepared for the inlay-onlay filling form.
What Are the Advantages of Digital Dentistry?
- The length of time to reach an aesthetic smile design is quite short with digital dentistry.
- It is a reliable application with high biological and aesthetic harmony because it doesn’t contain any metal. It increases thanks to the harmony of the use of zirconium-, porcelain-, sintered glass-, polycrystalline-, and aluminum-based materials.
- It can be sensitively made with the digital measurement method thanks to computer support. The period of taking measurements with wax, the old method, has ended.
- Thanks to the developments in digital dentistry, potential problems that may form in all processes from dentists and dental technicians’ taking measurements to handling teeth disappear.
- It increases aesthetic success in implant treatment.